AssaultCube Reloaded, formerly AssaultCube Special Edition, is a free-and-open-source first-person-shooter, created by the AssaultCube Reloaded Task Force to improve AssaultCube.
This game combines the best of all worlds: realism from Battlefield, “anti-cheat” inspired by the Quake engine, perks from Call of Duty, mutators from Red Eclipse, and fast-paced gameplay with a low system footprint from AssaultCube and the Cube Engine.
These are just some of the numerous improvements compared to AssaultCube:
- New, diverse game modes and mutators
- Many new and different weapons
- More realistic gameplay (damage fading over distance, bleeding, drowning)
- Less potential cheats (by moving more code to the server)
- Better voting system: admin votes don’t veto directly
- Improved radar shows explosions and shotlines
- Killfeed makes it easy to see how players were killed
- Spawn enqueue/dequeue—no need to spam the spawn button
—John F. Kennedy
We try to avoid banning; the system should prevent the issues instead. If we are forced to use last-resort bans, we never issue permanent bans, but subsequent bans will be longer.
This project originally started out as a modification of AssaultCube to fix many possibilities of cheating. Now, today, it is a completely different game, with different gameplay.